10.01.2007

The last free flight....

Well, we crammed in one last trip while Spencer was still free.

It is truly my favorite season to be in Alaska. The tourons are gone, when the sun shines the skies are the deepest blue I have ever seen, termination dust sprinkles the mountain tops (the true sign that summer is over), bright yellow leaves of the trees dance in the fall breeze, the tundra is a deep red, and the last of the fireweed's cottony seed float in the air ready to settle down for the winter.

We had a great time playing and hanging out with the family...lots of time at the park, a trip to Hatcher Pass, and a little berry picking.





1 comment:

Meiga en Alaska said...

Hi Staci!
Seems like I missed you again up here. I'll be going to Anchorage in a couple of weeks.
It started to snow today here. Summer and fall are officially gone all together it seems ...
I hope you're well. You're little man is amazingly beautiful. And so are you

Love,
Miriam